No separate application software is required to communicate with Otto,
but you will need to allow your PC to download an ActiveX control to allow the website to communicate
with your device.
The ActiveX control will be automatically downloaded through your Internet Explorer browser,
as long as you do not have any special security settings or software installed.
If you are having problems, your Internet Explorer browser may be configured to block all cookies, or your security settings
may be set to block ActiveX controls.
Please look at the tips below for help with accessing the website.
If you still need help, please call the support line in your local area and we’ll try to help you through it.
1. Power up your PC and open an Internet Explorer browser application. Type in "www.myottomate.com/myOtto/"
2. Connect the supplied USB cable mini-B connector to the Otto device
3. Connect the Type A USB connector of the supplied USB cable to a free USB port on your PC
4. If this is the first time you have accessed the website, you will need to download the myOtto configuration software ActiveX control.
5. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows XP, you may see a yellow information near the top of your browser, similar to the one below.
To install the control and accept the PERSENTECH security certificate, click the bar and choose Install.
6. You may also be prompted to accept the PERSENTECH security certificate. This indicates that the control came from PERSENTECH, and is safe to download.
If you see a window like the one below, and "Persen Technologies" is indicated as the publisher, you may click install to continue.
7. Once the software has been installed, you will be directed to the myOtto home page.
8. Click on the myDevice tab, and then click "Connect Otto" to connect Otto to the website.
9. If you have not previously registered, you will be asked to register
10. When registration is complete, you will be logged into the website, where you can personalize your device.
Here are a few items to look for if you are still having problems:
Privacy setting in Internet Explorer is set too High
The solution for this would be to add myottomate.com to the Allow list.
In Internet Explorer (Windows XP), go to Tools, Internet Options and click the Privacy tab.
Click the "Sites..." button. In the address box, type www.myottomate.com and click the "Allow" button to allow all cookies from myottomate.com.
Click OK, then OK again. Close the browser, and then try the website again by re-opening an Internet Explorer application.
A “third party” application program may be blocking cookies and will not allow the download of the Active X program required to communicate with your Otto device.
For example, a program called "AdSubtract" will typically block the cookie and will not allow Otto to be configured.
In addition, sometimes the settings on your Norton Internet Security application can block all cookies and therefore will block all attempts at configuring Otto.
To get around this, you can either (a) temporarily disable the program, use the website, and then re-enable it, or (b) add www.myottomate.com to the trusted sites (or allowed, or safe) list. This is the preferred process.